Teaching Writing to Change the World Workshop
This writing workshop for K-8 teachers, administrators, curriculum directors, and anyone else interested in writing, offers a powerful foundation for the teaching of writing that aims to change the culture of classrooms, schools, and the world.
• Write and experience what it’s like to be a writing student;
• Consider how a culture of writing in the classroom can create a positive and affirming space for all students, especially those who might be vulnerable;
• Learn different mini-lessons to ensure a dynamic and rich instructional plan for teaching writing;
• Read and discuss the writing of classroom teachers who use writing workshops to connect and empower all student writers; and
• Create an action plan for the classroom.
Wednesday, October 16 at 8:00am to 3:00pm
River’s Crossing Annex
850 College Station Road, Athens, GA 30605