Research Matters Live: Community-based participatory research – Consent
- Kim Fowler, director, Human Subjects Office, Office of Research
- Nathan Hansen, professor and department head, College of Public Health
- Nan McMurry, director of collection development, UGA Libraries
- Lisa Renzi-Hammond, associate professor, College of Public Health
- Miranda Hill, postdoctoral scholar, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco
Description: This is the fifth and final event in a series of presentations about incorporating CBPR into your research program. For our concluding session, the topic will be consent. Consent is what allows human-subjects research to occur and is therefore one of the most important concepts to focus on when discussing the future of research. We will explore the meaning of consent, why it is necessary for successful research, how to approach it appropriately, and what consent looks like in research. In this session, members of the university’s research community will share their thoughts on the salience of this topic.
Tuesday, May 4 at 1:00pm