EmPowerU Advocating Invasive Species Management Course
This training will be a hybrid of on-line coursework and a one day in person workshop.
The course will teach:
- The roles and levels of government and who to contact regarding invasive species management.
- Skills such as influence, power, persuasion, framing, questioning, and listening interactions with decision makers.
- Where to find reputable information on the status of invasive species in your area.
- How to create an engagement plan and experience practicing it in a safe, peer-learning environment.
- See yourself as a resource to decision makers on invasive species management.
- View engagement with decision makers as a norm and encourage others to do it.
- Networking with other people who are passionate to make a difference around invasive species.
Friday, June 21, 2019 at 9:00am to 4:00pm
780 Barber Street, Athens, GA