Careers in Art Museums
Art museums employ scholars with a diversity of backgrounds and educational credentials for leadership and staff positions. Join us for this panel discussion with museum directors and museum staff to discuss the wide variety of career positions in museums with a particular emphasis on attracting a diversity of scholars to the art museum space. Panelists will share their own professional trajectories, what their roles involve, and how their graduate education prepared them for their specific roles.
- Linda Harrison, Director Newark Museum
- Maurita Poole, Director of Clark Atlanta University Art Museum
- Michael Tomor, Director of Tampa Museum of Art
- Shawnya Harris, Larry D. and Brenda A. Thompson Curator of African American and African Diasporic Art at Georgia Museum of Art
- Erin Northington, Susan and Stephen Wilson Associate Director, Campus and Community Education and Engagement at the Block Museum of Art, Northwestern University
This event is co-sponsored by the Association of Art Museum Directors (AAMD) and the Office of Experiential Professional Development (xPD) in the UGA Graduate School.
Tuesday, April 13 from 3:30pm to 4:45pm