4th Annual Pumpkin Decorating Contest at the Georgia Center
It’s time for the Georgia Center’s 4th annual pumpkin decorating contest.
The ghoulish rules have changed up a bit this year, and this time each UGA department or unit will need to provide the perfect pumpkin canvas for their creative endeavors. Will it be perfectly round or lumpy and bumpy? Tall or short? Orange or white?
As usual, mystery celebrity judges will select winners in several categories and the public will vote for the People’s Choice Award winner.
- No carving, just decorating. This prevents the pumpkins from deteriorating while on display.
- This year it’s BYOP (bring your own pumpkin).
- All pumpkins must be real — no Styrofoam or otherwise fake pumpkins allowed.
- You may use any size pumpkin (but please don’t make anyone use a wheelbarrow to carry it).
- One decorated pumpkin per UGA department or unit may be submitted for judging.
- Bring decorated pumpkind to the Bulldog Bistro at the Georgia Center between 3-6 p.m. on Oct. 19 to be registered into the contest.
- People’s Choice Award* voting will begin on Oct. 21 and run through 2 p.m. on Oct. 30. Pumpkins will be on display until Oct. 30, when the winners will be announced.
Want a sweet treat? Drop off a People’s Choice Vote in the Bulldog Bistro, and as thanks for supporting our Gorgeous Gourd contest, receieve 10% off the bill for that visit.
Friday, October 30
Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel, Bulldog Bistro
1197 S Lumpkin Street, Athens, GA 30605